Salary Upto £15.00 per hour, 40 hours + overtime (price work also available) PAYE & self employed basis available
Our Housing Maintenance Department currently have a vacancy for a multi-skilled property maintenance engineer to join a busy and expanding team. This position is primarily for the East Midlands area.
You should have relevant experience working within a local authority housing environment undertaking planned and responsive maintenance as necessary.
The main duties of this role are:- (but not limited to)
- carry out general housing maintenance duties as required including:
- joinery such as fitting internal and external doors, skirting board, kitchen units, worktops
- plumbing such as replacement of sinks and baths, WC, pipe replacement and repairs (no gas)
- painting and decorating of internal walls and woodwork
- replacement and new tiling
You must be fully conversant with all aspects of housing maintenance and have a firm understanding of Health and Safety.
- City and Guilds 6217-03 Certificate in Painting and Decorating Level 2/3 or equivalent (preferred)
- City and Guilds 6129 Certificate in Basic Plumbing Level 2/3 (preferred)
- City and Guilds 6189 Certificate in Domestic Plumbing Level 2/3 (preferred)
- CSCS Card
- NVQ Joinery (preferrable)
- NVQ Plumbing and Heating Systems (preferrable)
- a full clean driver’s license is essential